Information for the city of Atlanta
Encompassing $304 billion, the Atlanta metropolitan area is the eighth largest economy in the country and 17th largest in the world. Corporate operations comprise a large portion of the Atlanta's economy, with the city serving as the regional, national, or global headquarters for many corporations. Atlanta contains the country's third largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies, and the city is the global headquarters of corporations such as Over 75 percent of Fortune 1000 companies conduct business operations in the Atlanta metropolitan area, and the region hosts offices of about 1,250 multinational corporations. Many corporations are drawn to Atlanta on account of the city's educated workforce; as of 2010, nearly 43% of adults in the city of Atlanta have college degrees, compared to 27% in the nation as a whole. world headquartersAtlanta began as a railroad town and logistics has remained a major component of the city's economy to this day. Atlanta is an important rail junction and contains major classification yards for . Since its construction in the 1950s, Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport has served as a key engine of Atlanta's economic growth.
Delta Air Lines, the city's largest employer and the metro area's third largest, operates the world's largest airline hub at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport and has helped make Hartsfield Jackson the world's busiest airport, both in terms of passenger traffic and aircraft operations. Partly due to the airport, Atlanta has become a hub for diplomatic missions; as of 2012, the city contains 25 general consulates, the seventh highest concentration of diplomatic missions in the United States.Media is also an important aspect of Atlanta's economy. The city is a major cable television programming center. the country's third largest cable television service and the publisher of over a dozen major American newspapers, is headquartered in the city. T. Indeed, Atlanta has been nicknamed the Silicon peach due to its burgeoning technology sector. As of 2013, Atlanta contains the fourth largest concentration of information technology jobs in the United States, numbering 85,000. Atlanta also ranks as the sixth fastest growing city for information technology jobs, with an employment growth of 4.8% in 2012 and a three year growth near 9%, or 16,000 jobs. Information technology companies are drawn to Atlanta's lower costs and educated workforce.Largely due to a state wide tax incentive enacted in 2005, the Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act, which awards qualified productions a transferable income tax credit of 20% of all in state costs for film and television investments of $500,000 or more, Atlanta has become a center for film and television production.
Film and television production facilities in Film and television production injected $1 billion into Georgia's economy in 2010, with Atlanta garnering most of the projects. Atlanta has gained recognition as a center of production of horror and zombie related productions, with Atlanta magazine dubbing the city the ""Zombie Capital of the World"". newsroomCompared to its peer cities, Atlanta's economy has been disproportionately affected by the 2008 financial crisis and the subsequent recession. The city's economic problems are displayed in its elevated unemployment rate, declining real income levels, and depressed housing market. From 2010 2011, Atlanta saw a 0.9% contraction in employment and a meager 0.4% rise in income. As of 2012, the unemployment rate in Atlanta was over 9%, higher than the national average of 8.2%. These dismal statistics have garnered Atlanta recognition as one of the world's worst economic performers, with the city's economy earning a ranking of 189 among 200 global cities, down from a ranking of 89 during the 1990s, when the city realized 1.6% income growth and 2.6% employment growth.
However, even when the 2008 2009 period is excluded, the 2001 2007 period is still one of the worst on record for Atlanta: the city never recovered the jobs it lost during the Early 2000s recession, and per capita income declined nearly 5% from 2000 to 2006, the largest decline among major U.S. cities. Thus, Atlanta's current economic crisis was only worsened, and not caused, by the Recession. Adding to the city's employment and income woes is the spectacular collapse of its housing market. Atlanta home prices fell by 2.1% in January 2012, reaching levels not seen since 1996, a decline that measured among the worst in the country. Compared with a year earlier, the average home price in Atlanta fell 17.3% in February 2012, the largest annual drop in the history of the index for any city. Atlanta home values average $85,000 as of January 2012, second worst among major metropolitan areas, coming in just behind Detroit. This unprecedented collapse in home prices has led some economists to deem Atlanta the worst housing market in the country. Nevertheless, in August 2013, Atlanta appeared on magazine's list of the Best Places for Business and Careers
Information for the state of Georgia
Georgia's 2010 total gross state product was $403.1 billion. Its Per Capita personal income for 2011 puts it 39th in the nation at $35,979 . If Georgia were a stand-alone country, it would be the 28th largest economy in the world. There are 15 Fortune 500 companies and 26 Fortune 1000 companies with headquarters in Georgia. Georgia has over 1,700 internationally headquartered facilities representing 43 countries, employing more than 112,000 Georgians with an estimated capital investment of $22.7 billion.
Atlanta has a very large effect on the state of Georgia and the Southeastern United States. The city is an ever-growing addition to communications, industry, transportation, tourism, and government. Atlanta has been the site of growth in real estate, service, and the communications industries. Widespread farms produce peanuts, corn, and soybeans across middle and south Georgia. The state is the number one producer of pecans in the world, with the region around Albany in southwest Georgia being the center of Georgia's pecan production. Gainesville in northeast Georgia touts itself as the Poultry Capital of the World. Major products in the mineral industry include a variety of clays, stones, sands and the clay palygorskite, known as attapulgite.
FAST MONEY FOR BUSINESSES THAT NEED IT. Don't wait long periods for a loan
Georgia Factoring Company
The main benefit of factoring is that a business is not required to wait one or two months (sometimes more) for payment by a customer, the business will receive cash in hand to operate and grow their business. -Georgia Factoring Company
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF CASH FLOW
Georgia Factoring Company Articles
The benefits of using a Factoring company versus a bank loan
If you are looking for a convenient way to obtain business capital, factoring is one of the best options available out there. From a recent study, it has been identified that many people go for bank financing in such instances, considering that it is the least expensive method of investing. However, factoring is associated with many other advantages and we will let you know about them through this article.
A proper cash flow is something that every business in the present world should have. In addition, they need to speed up their cash flows along with time. Otherwise, it will not be possible for them to get banks for financing. Unfortunately, banks are not in a position to accommodate all the financial requirements of a company, due to tough credit standards. That is where factoring comes into play. It happens when a company sells its accounts receivable to a bank or a factoring company. The amount that can be taken depends on value of the invoice.
Key benefits associated with factoring
• A company can get large amounts of capital through factoring. It is because this method is entirely based upon accounts receivable. It has impressed many small scale businesses out there since they can obtain a bigger line from their accounts receivable for services or goods. They will not be able to get such a big amount of capital from any conventional bank lender out there. Factoring is something that is based on the credit strength of your potential customers. If your company has more potential customers with healthy credit strengths, you can easily enjoy the benefits of factoring.
• Factoring is quicker than traditional bank loans. Since most of the accounts receivable factoring lines are in a position to be set up, approved and actively funded within a matter of few weeks, you can go through a hassle free process. However, banks will take more time to engage with their credit reviewing activities about your company. They might even wait for audit results or fiscal period closes. Therefore, if you are in need of quick business capital, factoring is the number one option available out there to consider.
• Factoring is something that expands quickly along with the growth of your company. Almost all the factoring companies out there support it. Your company doesn’t need to have an excellent track recording of business. You just need to select a factoring company that is big enough to accommodate all your business development ambitions.
• A factoring company does not offer loans to their clients. Therefore, you cannot find many similarities between a loan and factoring. A factoring company will purchase your accounts receivables along with cash. Therefore, it can be considered as a similar process to increasing the working capital, while showing it as a liability in the account balance sheets. This will even reduce debt in the balance sheet, when compared to borrowing. At the end of the day, your company will get the opportunity to enjoy a lower debt to equity ratio.
• Factoring is less expensive than equity. Most of the businesses approach equity investors to cater their financing requirements. However, there isn’t any substitute for equity capital in some expansion purposes and business investments. Almost all the equity investors expect a higher return from the accounts receivable than the cost. When it comes to factoring arrangements, you won’t be able to find any dilutive effect on shareholders. This will assist you a lot to stay away from hassle.
• Factoring is also recognized as one of the best options available to improve your turn. In the present world, many factoring companies will verify invoices with your customers and check whether they are being paid on time. This will motivate your customers to pay the invoices on time through a gentle reminder. This will result in a better service delivery from your end as well.
You Can Find More Information at http://accountreceivablecollection.org
and at Factoring Company Reviews at medicalaccountsreceivable.org